This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in an industry fraught with unexplored territory. By joining the team, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital assets, and play an important role in shaping the future of how the world sees and uses digital currency. We’ve grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and this is an opportunity to join a market leader in an emerging global industry, with growth rate and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, in a position to succeed. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers and we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here: https://jobs.lever.co/kraken
Kraken is expanding our Product Design team for Cryptowatch! The company is comprised of talented, experienced and motivated veterans of the technology, design and finance industries. We are designing and producing the most advanced and sophisticated crypto-trading platform in the world while having fun along the way. Help us continue to define and lead this exciting industry.
We are looking for an excellent UX designer who can research, analyze, and design end-to-end beautiful, intuitive interfaces throughout the entire design workflow from mapping out user journeys in flow diagrams, creating high level wireframes to high fidelity mockups, and working with the frontend team to implement design solutions. We need a creative, highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and an eye for beautiful, clean user interfaces. You must follow the principles of User-Centered Design to always regard the user/customer experience first and support your design decisions with best practices and data from usability tests or metrics. This person will be a key member of the product design team collaborating closely with the very best engineers, designers, business leadership, partners and customers in the industry. Amazing perks, beautiful office (remote opportunity), stock incentives, flexible hours and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Performing competitive analysis, shaping trader personas, studying industry trends and strategies.
- Directing conceptual and post-release usability testing to guide the design process.
- Creating and improving information architecture, nomenclature, and diagrams including but not limited to sitemaps, flowcharts, wireframes, and static prototypes.
- Contributing to requirements gathering, design documentation, and implementation reviews.
- Working with internal team and client groups to design and build user-friendly interfaces and application hierarchies based on functional specifications and persona-based usability findings.
- Participating in key internal meetings including regular status updates and planning sessions, documenting ongoing progress and effectively communicating findings
- Reviewing user adoption for product deliverables and acceptance testing combining data, analysis, and creative design thinking.
- Ensuring design documents are current and complete, with solutions implemented properly and user feedback incorporated into future product design iterations.
- 4 years UX design experience guiding product development cycle for a successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software application.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- Passionate about current and emerging product design trends, user-centered design principles, with a knack for keeping our team and clients informed.
- Fluent in responsive design patterns, mobile/tablet interface trends, and pairing data with effective design solutions.
- Strong sense of interaction design and user flows paired with an ability to translate static solutions into wireframes, prototypes, and testable concepts.
- Ability to give and receive constructive design critique.
- Autonomous team player who takes initiative and responsibility for key UX design process deliverables.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.