Compliance and Monitoring Officer - Crypto Facilities
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About Crypto Facilities
Kraken completed the acquisition of Crypto Facilities in February 2019, and this group entity is now a world-leading, regulated cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform (MTF). A pioneer in the industry, the firm was the first regulated entity to list futures on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash and is looking to expand its product offering. Members value the high integrity, low latency marketplace that Crypto Facilities provides under the regulatory supervision of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
Overview of the role
As Compliance and Monitoring Officer, you will be responsible for reporting, monitoring and implementing policies that ensure the company is meeting its regulatory requirements. You should be diligent with a keen attention to detail and a track record of seeing tasks/projects through to conclusion. The ideal candidate should have experience working in monitoring, have experience working at an MTF or other type of regulated trading venue.
- Be the in-house expert on the CASS rules with a view of undertaking the CASS certified function in due course
- Assist with any relevant FCA returns/ad hoc filings
- Document any technology changes and ensure the governance framework is followed
- Be a point of contact for client questions on the rulebook
- Conduct complaint investigations and maintain corresponding logs
- Maintain and adapt the AML policies as new regulations come in and assist with relevant registrations
- Assist with producing the annual platform assessment and other periodic reports
- Assist with maintaining the compliance monitoring program
- Assist with Member onboarding and conduct spot check against policy and procedural requirements - profile, documentation and authentication parameters and maintain log
- Assist with compliance training for staff
- Conduct annual policy review - fitness, ensure compliance, remediate issues
- A degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant experience
- 4-6 years of compliance monitoring experience
- Previous experience in dealing with CASS is essential
- Ideally from an MTF or other type of trading venue
- Cryptocurrency or fintech experience a major plus
- Calm under pressure
- A self-starter that gets things done
- Able to work in a team environment, whilst benefiting from great autonomy
- Equally comfortable communicating with a technical and non-technical audience
- Able to see the big picture
- Numerically literate and a great communicator
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.