ethereum.org community and ecosystem lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Ethereum.org is led by a team within the Ethereum Foundation. Learn more about ethereum.org.
Tap into Ethereum's rich open-source community to support ethereum.org and the suite of Ethereum Foundation web applications. As ethereum.org's Community and Ecosystem Lead, you'll engage our wide network of contributors and stakeholders to help us build powerful, fun and functional web applications visited by tens of millions of diverse Ethereum users each year. You'll collaborate with product, design and research teammates to shape the design and features of our products. You'll empower the next generation of Ethereum users and builders to change our world for the better.
- Inspire contribution in our open source community across multiple platforms and projects.
- Whether it's the ethereum.org Github repo, our Crowdin translation program, or just answering common questions for the curious, we rely on our community to drive our success.
- We want you to take our community to new heights; engage with them on Discord channels, respond to Github issues, coordinate contests, events, recognition campaigns; expand participation and impact.
- Work with Ethereum's wider community to facilitate collaboration.
- Ethereum.org is an important part of the Ethereum ecosystem. You'll work with partners and stakeholders to maximize our impact wherever possible.
- Are there killer explainer videos we could be using on our website? Are there eager open source developers looking for a way to get their hands dirty? We'll look to you to manage these relationships and execute on opportunities to empower others.
- Set and execute on growth metrics for community engagement.
- The importance of a community can never be boiled down to just numbers. Nevertheless, an analytic attitude towards our performance will help us understand and improve our results.
- We'll look to you to help establish what milestones we should strive for and to hold yourself accountable to achieving them.
- Surface insights and distill community feedback to improve our web applications.
- You should have a product mindset and always be looking for opportunities to improve the content on ethereum.org and the UX in our web applications. You're excited to take an active voice in driving our product roadmap.
- Have you answered the same question ten times this week? Are people reading ethereum.org content but still coming out confused? Are we getting consistent feedback from our community about a feature missing from something we built? What changes should we be making to address these issues? You should derive insights proactively.
- You're positive, enthusiastic, welcoming, patient, and full of good vibes. You love to talk about Ethereum and are always ready to answer any question.
- You're knowledgeable about Ethereum and its ecosystem. You understand the technology well enough to answer questions off-hand and are familiar with the larger projects, unresolved technical problems, the broad strokes of Ethereum's roadmap and vision.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You're organized. You have strong habits that let you track multiple accountabilities simultaneously. You know how to scope a project, foresee difficulties and translate an idea into reality.
- You enjoy teaching as much as you enjoy learning. You love to help - you get a sense of satisfaction out of seeing other people get excited about Ethereum. You're also always ready to learn - if you don't know an answer, you know how to find an answer.
- You're comfortable pitching in to get the job done. We're a small team, sometimes you may have to do work outside of your "core responsibilities."
- You hold Ethereum's values. You're passionate about open source collaboration, decentralization, and truly want to see Ethereum succeed - not for your professional or financial benefit, but because you believe it's good for the world.
Required skills and experience:
- Track record of building communities: you ran a Discord, you were a moderator on Reddit, you ran a Meetup, managed an open source project etc.
- You're passionate about the the crypto/blockchain/Ethereum space and have a readiness to learn, understand, and explain new technologies
- Strong social media skills: Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Github, Reddit. Familiarity with Crowdin, Slack and Zapier integrations are a plus but not necessary
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience in an agile work environment as well as remote/asynchronous work
- Experience on collaborative teams, balancing and soliciting input from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Compensation will ultimately depend on your experience, skillset, location and the contract structure but you can expect $35-$45 USD per hour, or $70,000-$85,000 USD annual salary.
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications and how you would like to improve the Ethereum community, along with a resume or CV.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what ...