Crypto Execution Trader
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This role will sit inside the Institutional Coverage business and report to the head of Principal Risk Trading. The Principal Risk Trading team will be responsible for client facilitation, capital hedging, and alpha generation. The team will be the backbone for offering clients risk based products and yield.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with the development team to develop trading infrastructure and best practices.
- Execute client facilitation strategies.
- Manage the trade lifecycle from start to finish.
- Monitor crypto spot, futures, option and defi markets looking for opportunities.
- Formulate and execute alpha generation strategies across crypto products.
- Buildout and manage funding of the trading book.
- Work with other support teams to troubleshoot trading, funding and configuration issues.
- Generate trade ideas and color on a daily basis
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Trading execution and experience using algos
- Track record of generating both alpha and monetizing beta
- Knowledge of OMS/EMS platforms
- Knowledge of the crypto market structure
- Experience in either FX or Rates markets
- Experience producing commentary, color, and axes
- Ability to create profitable trading strategies
- Education BA in finance/economics/ or related fields
Nice to haves:
- Programming experience
- Experience building algos
- Options trading experience
- Experience crafting a DeFi strategy
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.